Yay Poor Withholding Values!

How fitting….. The check I wrote to pay my taxes is #666. :)

I used ljArchive to sync my entire journal to my PC and then exported it as XML files. I then grepped through those XML files looking for the the old gallery URL, so now I have an index of how many image links are broken (76, if you are curious, which is far better than I expected) with my move to Flickr. I will probably tackle these next weekend, but in the interim I added a mod_rewrite directive to redirect any traffic to the old Gallery URL (or any of it’s subdomains) to my Flickr photos (it won’t redirect to the proper photo or anything fancy like that, but at least it gives people a slightly better result than a 404.


After many evenings of work, I have finally moved all of the photos that were contained in my Gallery installation over to my Flickr account. I got sick of being Mr. Sysadmin and needing to keep Gallery up to date as new security advisories and bug fixes were released, so I figured the best plan was to let someone else do the heavy lifting. I’m actually rather pleased with Flickr so far, the interface that once put me off has grown on me, I like it’s simplicity. So anyway, I’m sure that tons of image links in this journal are now dead, hopefully I can find some way to simply track them down and fix them… Suggestions are welcome!