- Who is your favorite singer/musician? Why?
Insert my standard “I can’t pick a favorite” disclaimer here. Favorites? Faith No More, Skinny Puppy, Mr. Bungle, Talking Heads, David Bowie
- What one singer/musician can you not stand? Why?
would be a better place without James Taylor being a musician. His songs
and delivery instill a depression in me that is not only difficult to
reverse, but unjustified given the quality of music. If a good song saddens
me, at least I can appreciated it for being a good song.
- If your favorite singer wasn’t in the music business, do you think
you would still like him/her as a person?
How the hell would I
know? Do i know the person(s) now while they are IN the music business?
No. So how can I judge whether or not they would be likable in any other
walk of life. This is a stupid question.
- Have you been to any concerts? If yes, who put on the best
Many concerts, obviously. Some of the best have been:
- Mr. Bungle in Old Bridge, NJ
- Bowie and Nine Inch Nails at MSG
- Mum at Bar 606
- Matmos at the Middle East
- Tomahawk at Irving Plaza
- Rollins Band at Irving Plaza
- I’m gonna stop now or I never will…
- What are your thoughts on downloading free music online vs.
purchasing albums? Do you feel the RIAA is right in its pursuit to stop
people from dowloading free music?
Is downloading free music online
without the copyright owners consent legal? More than likely it is not. I
think that someone casually listening to a song or two off of an album
before making a purchasing decision is fine. I think that people who
download full albums, amassing a large collection without paying back the
artists are not justified, but that is their personal decision.. But is the
RIAA right in pursuing individuals? No, absolutely not. They should admit
[impending] defeat and adapt to the new market.
What cheeses my goat is when people who download music [without permission] try to morally
justify it. There is no justification, it is theft of copyrighted material,
please admit it and move on. I am not going to pass judgement on someone who
downloads music, I just want them to be honest with themselves and everyone
else while they do it.