Yesterday, before going to Cambridge, I painted ‘s “closet” (it isn’t actually a closet, but I can’t think of anything else to call it, so it’s a closet — It’s the big open former doorway to the right of the picture). She mentioned that she really wanted to have it painted so she could put some stuff away, so I figured I would take care of it. I have never really painted anything before, but I just guessed at the process and it came out pretty well. I am not painting the trim, though, so she can deal with that. :P She didn’t have a roller pan (well, she had one, but it was being used to catch water from the still-dripping radiator), so I just used a brush. Needless to say, she was pretty excited when she got home from school yesterday (I wasn’t here, but she called me).
Today, I did the same for the hall, which was a bigger area but seemed to go a bit faster (probably because I optimized the process a bit more). I also fixed the mounting of her intercom panel, which was barely attached to the wall. Now she has a ton of trim to work on, but that seems pretty straightforward, if not more tedious.
I have that interview tomorrow, which is for an aerospace company, and the job sounds pretty cool. Apparenlty there aren’t many (any) other people interviewing for the position, and there are multiple positions open, so hopefully my chances are good. It probably helps that the first person I am talking with tomorrow is Garrett. :)