lead, I thought some of you might find it interesting to see what
- American Idol – I love the audition episodes of this show but
stop watching after that. Corinna, however, is a devotee.
- Good Eats – I think I’ve made it pretty clear in this journal how
devoted I am to this show.
- Star Trek: Enterprise – This is all me. I know the show is bad,
but I can’t stop watching. I think if it wasn’t Count Bakula as the captain
I wouldn’t even watch.
- America’s Next Top Model – I take no responsiblity for this one,
it is *ALL* Corinna. I can’t stand this show.
- Real Time With Bill Maher – The both of us watch this show pretty
regularly… What can I say, we are Massachusetts Liberals.. :)
- The Sopranos – This show is great (although not as great as it
once was. I got Corinna hooked on this show when we first started dating,
and we watch it religiously when it is in season.
- Deadwood – I watch this show pretty much solo… It gets kinda
soap opera-y sometimes, but it’s gritty and foul-mouthed, so I like it. :P
- The Secret Life of Machines – This is one of my favorite nerd
shows of all time, and occasionally it turns up on television..
Fortunately, though, I have all the episodes in Divx format, so I don’t
really need this pass anymore.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation – Still one of my favorite network
shows.. Sure, it’s formulaic, but I like the formula. Corinna also likes
the show, but isn’t quite as devoted.
- The Simple Life: Interns – Corinna’s show, but Paris Hilton is
- CSI: Miami – The red-headed stepchild of CSI (literally). This
show pales in comparison to the original, but I still watch it. Corinna
- CSI: NY – About on par with it’s Miami bretheren… I pretty
much just haven’t gotten around to removing this season pass yet….
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart – We both like this show,
although I think Corinna is taking a break from watching it right now.
- Battlestar Galactica – The Scifi that I don’t feel guilty
about… It’s not great, but it’s leaps and bounds better than most (all)
other Sci-fi television… It’s better than the past 3 Star Trek series
combined. Corinna doesn’t really watch this, although I’m not sure if it’s
time or disgust related.
- World Poker Tour – I’m a junkie, I can’t help it… Corinna
doesn’t share my passion..
- Saturday Night Live – We both watch this knowing it’s going to
suck each week. We are basically just waiting for a new, good cast to
arrive. Tina Fey is hot.
- South Park – We are suckers for Matt & Trey… South Park is
- Homicide: Life on the Street – I love this abandoned show…
This season pass is just hopeful that at some point it will return in
- Gilmore Girls – Corinna thru-and-thru.. I get nauseous just
HEARING the dialogue when I am on the computer and she is watching it.
- Innovation – A PBS series in line with Nova and Scientific
American Frontiers…. All me.
- Queer Eye for the Straight Guy – Corinna got me hooked on these
loveable little queers.
- Jeopardy! – We were total junkies but haven’t watched much since
Ken Jennings busted out.
- MythBusters – Quoting
, These guys have the best
job. Corinna isn’t into this show.
- Cook’s Tour – Tony Bourdain’s books, “Kitchen Confidential” and
“A Cook’s Tour” rock, and this show makes me hungry every time I watch
- Airline – Probably the trashiest television I watch. People
freaking out in airports…
- Curb Your Enthusiasm – This show grates on me sometimes, but most
of the time Larry David makes me laugh… Corinna isn’t so much into it.
- 60 Minutes – This barely ever gets recorded due to conflicts, and
even when it doesn’t watch it in fast-forward unless I see something that
looks good. Corinna hates this show.
- Chappelle’s Show – We watched Chappelle’s show for awhile, but it
didn’t last long..
- American Chopper – When I just want to veg out in front of the TV
I turn this on… It fits right into my “watching angry people” thing
- Reno 911! – “The State” was great, and so is this show. Corinna
and I love it, although we don’t really watch the reruns at all.
- ER – Corinna always talks about how much she hates this show but
watches it ever week… I never really got into it.
- Blind Date – 10% successful dates and 90% disasters. You can
guess which percentage I watch the show for.
- Thirsty Traveler – I really hate the host of this show but find
the subject matter interesting.
- Tenacious D – This show was hit-or-miss but Jack & Kyle are
funny… Interestingly enough, JB fan Corinna never seemed to get into the
- Six Feet Under – I love this show, although the last season
wasn’t quite up to par… Corinna is also hooked on it.
- Star Trek – She’s a trekkie, what can I say… I was never
really into old Trek…
- Nova – ‘Nuff said… Corinna only watches this occasionally.
- Family Bonds – I’ve always been fascinated by bounty hunters/bail
bondsmen… This show isn’t great, but it feeds my curiosity.
- Viva La Bam – I loved Jackass and I love this show, even though I
can tell parts of it are forced and scripted…
- The People’s Court – I used to watch Wapner every day as a kid,
and it parlayed into watching Marilyn… Corinna is just as into this show
- The Surreal Life – We started watching this show but never really
followed thru… It’s a straggler season pass..
- Project Runway – Another show I can’t stand.
- Iron Chef America – I was amazed at how the (second) American
version of Iron Chef kept some homage-y cheekyness but threw out the rest,
leaving a simply good show.
- It Takes a Thief – Another show I’m currently testing out… It
was interesting at first, but my interest seems to be fading..
- Masterminds – An old favorite that
recently reminded me of… Criminals are fascinating…
- Henry’s Film Corner – Who’da thunk it? Henry Rollins reviewing
films… I’ve only seen one episode so far, but I love Henry, so I presume
I’ll keep watching.
- SCTV – I watched this show more growing up than SNL… I just
found out that TV Land is rerunning, so I am psyched.
- Ebert & Roeper – With the film club, it’s good to know what’s
coming around… While I let their opinions barely register, I try not to
let the reviewers influence me too much… Corinna likes this one too…
There you have it… In addition, I’ve been watching Lost and the new Doctor Who, but I don’t watch those on the TiVo, if you know what I mean… :)