I still haven’t heard how much it will cost to fix Maude. The garage is allegedly looking at the car this morning, so hopefully I will be able to make a decision regarding my automobile situation in the next 24 hours. I went to the Mini dealer on Tuesday and got all the details regarding a new one of those. They have (or, at least they had, it might be gone by now) a Mini that was pretty close to what I would order given the time, the only real thing I didn’t like about it was the black roof and the leather seats, but if I can’t wait two months I’ll take what I can get.
But, ideally, I hope to get Maude running again and be able to wait a few months before buying the Mini. I’d like to put money down towards it, and I’d also like to order exactly the car I want. But I don’t have *any* money right now, so I’d have to hope my parents could help me. But even if they were in the position to help me, I think that in my mind there is some cost threshold that if the repair violates I’d probably try and get the new car anyway.