- What movie have you seen the most time in the theater? How many times?
Semi-embarassingly, I believe the answer to this question is
I saw it many, many times in the theater with
when it was current
- What was the last movie you walked out of in the theater?
I almost never walk out. The last one I can remember was
Brainscan. And I didn’t
walk out until the last 5 minutes. I really tried.
- What is the first movie you remember seeing in a theater?
I have a vague memory of seeing
The Empire Strikes Back
- What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
- Have you ever dressed up as a movie character for Halloween? If so, who?
- What was the first R-rated movie you ever saw? Were you allowed or
did you sneak?
I honestly don’t remember… I probably snuck in, though…
- Star Wars (orig. trilogy) or Lord of the Rings?
Star Wars. No contest.
- Pacino or DeNiro?
They are both caricatures of themselves at this point. Historically,
though, I’d have to lean towards DeNiro. Although it’s more fun pretending
to be Pacino. Especially from
Glengarry Glen Ross.
- Titanic…did it suck or was it great?
Pretty but awful.
- What’s your take on Cassavetes?
- Favorite John Hughes character?
- What movie gives you a boner (or makes you tingle)?
Crash (the real
- What movie always makes you cry like the big puss you are?
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial
- What’s the furthest you’ve ever gotten in a movie theater? (i.e, second base…)
- Speaking of sports metaphors, what’s your favorite sports movie?
- …teen movie?
- …Quentin Tarantino movie?
- …Bill Murray movie?
- …romantic comedy?
- …gangster movie?
My Blue Heaven
- …horror movie?
A Nightmare on Elm Street
- …made for TV movie?
Ollie Hopnoodle’s Haven of
- …drug movie?
Fear and Loathing in Las
A Scanner Darkly
- …teen movie?
- What movie have you seen already but will never, ever, ever watch again?
I’m fairly certain I will never watch
- What movie are you embarrassed to really like?
The Wrong Guys
- What movie should be remade asap?
Not a fan of remakes, generally.
- What’s your favorite musical?
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
- For the love of everything that’s sacred, please someone stop (insert
answer) from making another movie!
Darren Aronofsky and
M. Night Shyamalan
- What movie do all your friends love but you’re not that crazy about?
Pi sucks ass.
- What movie do you love but none of your friends do?
Salo. My friends are
- If you could hump/date/marry any movie character, who would it be?
Any Alicia Witt character.
All of my “favorite” or “best” picks for this list are rather arbitrary,
because really I have trouble picking one… Let’s say:
My Blue Heaven
- Book you wish would be made into a movie, and who would direct it?
I still hold out hope someone will let href=”http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0192260/”>Chris Cunningham do href=”http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuromancer”>Neuromancer. It would
either be amazing or a beautiful failure.
- Wrapping paper or gift bags? Almost all wrapping paper.. I think the only bag I used was for the Yankee Swap at work.
- Real tree or artificial? Artificial; We want a real tree, but since we evacuate Boston for the last 10 days of the year it’s not really practical.
- When do you put up the tree? We had it up soon after Thanksgiving.. Since we aren’t actually home on Christmas we figure we might as well make the most of it.
- When do you take the tree down? I believe the plan is some time in January.
- Do you like eggnog? Yes, both the supermarket and boozy kinds
- Favorite gift received as a child? Commodore 64
- Do you have a nativity scene? No.
- Hardest person to buy for? Mom
- Easiest person to buy for? Corinna, usually
- Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I honestly can’t think of one, but even if I could, I probably wouldn’t call it out..
- Mail or email Christmas cards? None, we’re lame.
- Favorite Christmas Movie? Three-way tie: Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, Die Hard
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? Late November, usually. I’m often done weeks before Christmas.
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I have both re-gifted a gift as well as recycled it in the environmental sense.
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Grandma’s Kolacs and Christmas Breakfast
- Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored
- Favorite Christmas song? Dominick the Christmas Donkey
- Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Travel a lot
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes
- Angel on the tree top or a star? We don’t have either yet
- Open the presents Christmas Eve or Morning? My family traditionally opens on Christmas Morning, Corinna’s on Christmas Eve. But this year my family observed Christmas on Saturday Evening and we aren’t getting to Michigan until Christmas Night.
- Most annoying thing about this time of year? If I could teleport instead of travelling, that’d be awesome.
- What I love most about Christmas? Spending time with the whole family together
- Favorite animated holiday TV show? The Spirit of Christmas
“Once tagged by this entry, the assignment is to write a blog entry of some kind with six random facts about yourself. Then, pick six of your friends and tag them; no tag backs. This explanation should be included.”
- I am unable to wink. When I try to wink, I manage to close one eyelid while the other lid mostly closes and flutters. It almost looks as if I’m having a seizure. Every once in awhile after lots of deliberate attempts I will pull of a vague approximation of a normal human wink. This victory is short-lived.
makes fun of this handicap.
- When I was young, I was out on Lake Hopatcong with my dad and Uncle Johnny in our 12′ fiberglass rowboat. This boat happened to have a 10hp engine, which was likely way too much for such a small boat. Anyway, we were cruising along at full speed when we hit a large wave, throwing everyone out of the boat. The boat ran around at full speed in a widening approximation of a circle. The boat kept passing me, getting closer at each pass.. Eventually a passing boat pulled me out of the water, and it was discovered I had a nasty gash on my ankle, going to the bone. To this day, I maintain that the boat hit me while I was in the water and it was the boat motor which made the gash. My dad thinks I cut my ankle on one of the fishing rod holders on the boat when I was flying out of the boat.
- When I first got to RIT, I had one of the small single rooms in Sol Heumann… (TMI ALERT) I tend to prefer sleeping sans-pajamas, and since I had a private room, I did so. One night there was a fire alarm in the building which I guess didn’t wake me up, and the female RA let herself into the room to wake me up. I jumped out of bed, buck-ass naked, giving her quite a show.
- I had a Catholic baptism as a baby, went to church and catechism as a boy (
even taught some of the classes), and was on track to be a good little fucked up Catholic. But before my First Communion I mentioned to my mother that I didn’t want to bite god (receive the host), and my parents decided to remove me from catechism and let me make up my own mind when I was older. Clearly, even as a child I recognized that eating the flesh of Christ was not only creepy but also dangerous!
- I can point my big toes directly towards each other (90 degrees from the way your feet are supposed to point) and walk forward. My orthopedist told me I was “triple-jointed”, which I assume means “REALLY double-jointed”.
- I tried eggs again last weekend, I’m still not a fan.
The music quiz from the other day was a partial success, with you guys guessing 7/20 correctly. I’ve put the correct answers below the cut, so don’t click that link if you’re still playing. Of course, if you’re reading this via an RSS feed you will just have to avert your eyes.
This quiz (and the lack of variety in the “random” songs) inspired me to finally refill my iPod. I was drawing from a hastily chosen (by dragging random artists to the iPod) 10 gigs when I made the quiz. Now all 30 gigs are filled with hand-chosen albums. Maybe I’ll make a new quiz with the newly-filled iPod… Or I could just use iTunes instead of my iPod and draw from 90 gigs.
- Put your mp3 player on random.
- Post a line from the first 20 songs that play.
- Ask everyone to guess what song and artist the lines come from.
- Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
- No cheating.
I had to reformat my iPod recently, and haven’t “really” loaded it back up yet, so this is coming from a pretty limited selection of music.
– “Caffeine” by Faith No More (
Smearing wet concrete and swearing you’ll never be caught
) – “Oh! You Pretty Things” by David Bowie (
A crack in the sky and a hand reaching down to me
The Patty Duke the wrench and then I bust the tango
A shallow pond slow descending so slow to drown– “Last Call” by Skinny Puppy (
) – “Birthday” by The Beatles (
They say it’s your birthday; We’re gonna have a good time
My brother wants a ride to the liquor store
Just an inch between striking out and striking rich
– “God Knows I’m Good” by David Bowie (
And a woman hot with worry slyly slipped a tin of stewing steak
If the illusion is real; Let them give you a ride
When they play tunes, when they play tunes, when they play riffs of the hard rock beat
Strung out until ripped apart; Who dares, dares to condemn
She’s sleepin’ with her head in the kitchen; And her feet’s out in the hall
– “Inquisition” by Skinny Puppy (
Wicked waits the torturer
Though the hunter in the night; Fills your childish heart with fright
– “Warszawa” by David Bowie (Anonymous Commenter)
He-li venco -de-ho; Chi-le venco de-ho
– “Space Oddity” by David Bowie (
Tell me wife I love her very much she knows
Dont u know straight hair aint got no curl (no curl)
He’d like for her to roll and rock him; Turn his life around
I’ve done my best to live the right way; I get up every morning and go to work each day
You know you will have little time to stop and think; when engaging in hand-to-hand combat.
LJ Popularity created by
How popular are you?
LJ Popularity created by